Mark Your Calendars!
Baker is proud to co-sponsor
the Family Action Network's
event with Claude Steele, Ph.D,
author of the best-selling book
"Whistling Vivaldi: How
Stereotypes Affect Us and
What We Can Do." Monday,
December 8 at 7pm in the ETHS
Auditorium. Click here.
BPO Faculty Appreciation
It's time for the annual Pie
Drive! Let's thank our
wonderful faculty by sending
every staff member home with
a Thanksgiving pie. Click here
to sign up.
Middle School at Baker
Hear from Baker alumni,
teachers and administrators
on Tuesday, Dec 9 from
7-8:30pm. Current and
prospective parents are
welcome. RSVP here.
Applications for first-round consideration are due January 31 of each year for the following school year. After that time, applications are accepted on a rolling admissions basis, considered in the order in which received.
The following is a checklist to help you with the application process:
- Submit an Inquiry Form
- Visit and tour the school. This is an opportunity for families to ask questions and for the school to learn more about the family.
- Submit the following materials:
- Admissions Application:
- Copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Family photo or photo of your child
- Narrative about your child
- $75 Application fee
- Signed Academic Record Release (for applicants currently in Kindergarten-8th Grade)
- Outside evaluations, testing or reports (if applicable)
- Request that your child’s current teacher submit the following directly to Baker:
- Grade-appropriate Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS) Common Recommendation Forms (submit all that apply):
- ISEE, ISAT, ERB, Terra Nova, or other State standardized test scores for Middle School entry
- Any additional school evaluations, testing results or IEP/504 Plans (if applicable)
School records and recommendation forms will be reviewed by the Admission Committee. Outside evaluations will be shared with the Head of School, Instructional Coordinator, and Student Services. Occasionally, Baker staff may speak with a child’s former or current teacher or other professional who has worked with the applicant.
- Schedule a student visit for your child. All incoming students, including those not attending a school program and new incoming siblings of Baker students, must be met by Baker faculty.
- Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten applicants will visit for a one-hour “play party” with their current peer group on Saturday, January 31, 2015. A one-on-one visit will be arranged for 2s applicants. All paperwork must be received by January 30. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- 1st Grade applicants will visit for a half day (including lunch) with peers in a Kindergarten class.
- 2nd through 8th Grade applicants will be invited to visit the school on specially designated days (9 am-3 pm) in a class with their current cohort. Students should bring the following materials:
- Writing samples
- Math samples
- Book (that applicant is currently reading)
- Gym and/or swimwear
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor play
Baker Demonstration School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin or gender identity to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin or gender identity in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.