Begin your Baker journey!
Saturday, May 18
9:00 - 11:00 am
Click here for information about
new Early Childhood programming.
Limited space available in
Grades 1-8 for next year.
Contact Admissions for a tour.
Baker Summer Discovery
Small feet take big steps.
On May 31, every 1st-8th grader
will run 3.1 miles. We call it the
Baker 5K. The kids call it fun.
Our sponsors know it matters.
A tuition check goes a long way at an independent school: It helps pay for teachers’ salaries and benefits, safe and functional classrooms, and a host of resources that all contribute to an excellent program.
However, tuition doesn’t cover everything. Not at Baker, or at most other independent schools in the country, which also receive no financial support from the local, state or federal governments. That’s where the Annual Fund comes in. The Annual Fund helps pay for crucial expenses that impact students in the current school year.
- Faculty development to ensure that our teachers can implement the most current and relevant methods in their classrooms for the benefit of every student.
- A full slate of “specials” that offer students the opportunity to explore various disciplines, investigate personal interests, and engage more fully in areas discovered.
- Classroom environments that are intimate—strong teacher to student ratios, small class sizes, individual and group learning spaces, windows to the sun, sky and future.
- Fitness programming that not only strengthens each student, but the student body by focusing on teamwork and sportsmanship, whether indoors and out, every day
- A commitment to learning and connection beyond our campus through service projects and community partnerships, and the interest in having students take the lead.
And, ultimately, the Annual Fund helps Baker sustain a school environment in which children are truly known and able to realize their personal best.
The Annual Fund is our school’s single most important fundraiser of the year. We strive for 100% participation every year. As Baker establishes annual fundraising goals, it is important that each family participates at a level commensurate with their financial ability throughout their tenure with our school.
Like most successful independent schools, Baker does not receive financial support from the local, state or federal governments. However, private and public foundations do provide grants and often base their funding decisions on the percentage of community support. Baker is fortunate to have many consecutive years of 100% board, faculty and staff giving, and, in recent years, current family giving of over 90% participation.
You may also choose to designate your Annual Fund contribution to a particular area of interest, such as our athletic and outdoor education programs, 24,000-volume library, integrated arts curriculum, Early Childhood programming or Middle School studies. To do so, contact Addie Goodman, Director of Advancement, who will help make arrangements for your special gift.